IHS Safety at Sea Awards 2013
IHS Safety at Sea Awards 2013
Recognising standards of excellence across the international maritime market
13th June 2013 | Awards Dinner, HMS Belfast, London
SHORTLISTED COMPANIES JUST ANNOUNCED
The seventh annual Safety at Sea Awards will take place on Thursday 13th June 2013 onboard the historic HMS Belfast in London and will once again recognise innovation and excellence in the maritime safety industry.
This year we have been overwhelmed with entries for the IHS Safety at Sea Awards, the quality of which has been exceptionally high.
All those shortlisted will be presented with a certificate from our Guest of Honour, Tom Boardley, Chairman of IACS and Marine Director for Lloyd’s Register while the winner will be presented with an elegant trophy.
The Shortlist as follows
- Equipment Category - Sponsored by ILAMA
- Frank Mohn AS - FRAMO Rols X.0 (remote offloading of sunken vessels)
- Norsafe - GES50 MKIII (Gravity Escape System) free-fall lifeboat
- Teamo - TeamO marine 150n back tow lifejacket
- Training Category - Sponsored by UK P&I Club
- MPHRP - MPHRP Pre Departure Piracy Awareness Training Course and Train the Trainers Course
- The Training Company - IMO SMCP testing and training system
- Wrightway Training - Human Element Leadership and Management (HELM) training course combined with the ‘Securing the Future – WrightWay Forward’ Safety culture programme
- Management/Operations Category - Sponsored by Inmarsat
- Dryad Maritime - Fleet Security Management
- Green Management Ltd. - Synergi MobileChecklist - Digital Inspection and Reporting System
- Anglo Eastern Ship Management - World’s First Web Based VDR and real time monitoring software
- Systems Category
- Across Oceans Group, Inc - Mobile Assembly Suite
- Becker Marine Systems GmbH & Co. KG - Becker Intelligent Monitoring System (BIMS)
- SevenCs/VoyageBank/Australian Reef Pilots - Portable Pilot Unit (PPU) Integrated Management System
- Garioni Naval spa-S-Man ab - Anti-pirate system
- Mobile Defense Systems - PirateFence™
- WatchStander LLC - WatchStander
Nick Blackmore, managing editor of Safety at Sea magazine, said: "The level of entries we’ve received is a testament to the continued healthy spirit of innovation in the maritime safety industry."
Table orders for the Awards and Celebration Dinner are already being taken so reserve your place now! Call us on +44 (0)203 253 2325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and join us in celebrating innovation and excellence in the maritime safety industry.
The prestigious judging panel is comprised of: Dr Phil Anderson, managing director, Consultism; Billy Bean, principal lecturer at the Warsash Maritime Academy’s School of Maritime Training; Peter Blackhurst, head of Inmarsat’s maritime safety services; Peter Dymond OBE, acting chief coastguard, HM Coastguard, Maritime & Coastguard Agency; Harry Klaverstijn, chairman, technical committee, International Life-saving Appliance Manufacturers Association and principal engineer, Schat Harding; Karl Lumbers, loss prevention manager at the UK P&I Club; Dr Peter Swift, former managing director of Intertanko; Kuba Szymanski, secretary general of Intermanager.
It promises to be a truly spectacular evening with over 100 of the maritime industry’s leaders gathered to celebrate outstanding contributions to the global maritime safety industry. The evening commences with a pre-dinner reception at 18.30, followed by a three-course dinner and the awards ceremony. There will be a post event bar afterwards and the evening will conclude at 23.00.
All entries will be profiled in a special awards supplement distributed on the night and mailed with the July edition of the IHS Safety at Sea magazine.
Only developments that have been implemented, brought to market or substantially improved and re-launched during 2012 are eligible.
View the award winners for 2012 >> | View the award winners for 2011 >>
Sponsor an Award
To find out what it means to be a Safety at Sea Awards sponsor, contact Andrew Boyd:
Tel: +44 (0) 203 253 2287
Award Category Sponsors